Saturday, September 7, 2013

Puente la Reina

This morning was grey and dreary but at least the rain had stopped! I started the day a bit concerned about the descent from Alto de Perdon. Apparently a steep decent with loose gravel, which didn't sound like much fun in the rain. We were on our way at 7:45 and the walk was a gradual incline for approx 2km.  A bit steeper on the last climb to the top. I did let out a yelp when I got to the top! So far no rain! No great strain, a perfect hour and bit walk! :-)  It was windy up there! The plaque said that we were at 700 m above sea level. We took some photos and then got out of the wind.

The walk down was steep and over loose stones. We did hear thunder so after a bit I stopped and got the rain cover on my bag and a buff over my ears. We continued down and finally were on a gentler grade.We stopped for a cup of tea in Uterga an continued on thru Muruzabal, both which were in my opinion were strangely quiet for a Saturday.  We arrived in Obanos and had a bit of a break. I was too slow with my camera... Sandra is not really keen on dogs and she decided to sit on a bench by a wall where she could enjoy her sandwich with her feet up. A little white dog came behind her, front feet on her back, trying to get her sandwich. She didn't scream, she covered up her shock and annoyance as the owner was right there. Next thing, I hear her asking "what's the dog's name?".  I was laughing so hard.  :-) She did well!

We left Obanos and were soon at Puente la Reina. Found our albergue, decided against the big dinner and went to find the supermarket. Am stocked up with road food and lunch /dinner. All is good! :-)

We covered 15 km today in 4 hours and 15 minutes. Will be increasing the km as Sandra's feet are getting better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment