Friday, September 13, 2013

Burgos to Leon Sept 13th

Experienced the first "all night" party night last night in Burgos. Awake at 2:30am to a noisy concert of music, singing and yelling. One fellow obviously was the star attraction as I could hear him above everyone else! :-) Sounded like a lot of fun, however my bed was warm so I stayed put!

This morning it is official, I have now worn every piece of clothing in my bag!  Temperatures have dropped to 12 degrees or so with wind so making me layer up. Sandra is for the most part still walking around in short sleeves! :-) 

We have walked back to the bus stop and now are waiting, I have found a cafe and am content people watching! After a bit, I find the local market. Once inside I found Nemo! :-) check out the photo! We chat to a few pilgrims and finally we are on our way!

Arrived in Leon about 2pm. We found a hostel on our way to the old town. Dumped our gear and went exploring,  siesta time though, so we wandered and then got some food. Around 4ish I left Sandra at the cathedral and went wandering. Spent a quiet afternoon, will go looking for food supplies shortly and then call it a night and curl up with my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment